Monday, September 14, 2015

Monday's Menu

Happy Monday Everyone! I had a great weekend and I hope you and your loved ones had a great one as well.
Whew! I actually can not believe it's the start of another week!
Last week I blogged about "How I Menu Prep" I shared with you a picture of everything I use for prepping for my weekly menu.
http://neverinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2015/09/how-i-menu-prep.html
This week most of my menu is coming out of my cook books. Don't worry, I am going to be working  my little fingers to type up each recipe and take pictures of the wonderful dinners I will be cooking.
I can't wait to show you our menu this week, so let's get to it!

Saturday: We went out to eat with my Mom and Dad. We went to Outback Steak House and had a fantastic dinner!

Sunday: Spicy Baked Shrimp. Side: Stir Fried Spinach with Garlic
Stir-Fried Spinach with Garlic
Time: 15 minutes
What you need:
2 packages (10 ounces each) Prewashed Spinach
6 Large cloves of Garlic (thinly sliced)
1 Tablespoon light Soy Sauce
Steps:
1.       Remove  stems from spinach and tear leaves into bite size pieces.
2.       Pre-heat your skillet and coat with cooking spray over a medium-high heat.
3.       Add garlic and cook until the garlic begins to brown (Make sure you are stirring constantly)
4.        Add spinach and cook tossing constantly until spinach is wilted and hot
5.       As soy sauce to spinach and serve immediately.

This dinner is for my daughter Abby.She loves Shrimp and has been asking for a shrimp dinner for weeks.
Both the main dish and side dish was really good!



Monday: Impossibly Easy Cheese Burger Pie Side: Sauce Pan Baked Beans
Abby and I wear having fun with the camera.  I was trying to make goofy faces will holding a hot plate and trying to laugh.




This is from my Betty Crocker Cookbook. I have made this before years ago I remember my nephew loving it.This is almost all gone. It was GOOD!
Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie
Time: 40 minutes
What you need:
1Lbs ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
½ Teaspoon salt
1 Cup shredded cheese
½ Cup Bisquick
1 Cup milk

2 large eggs
Steps:
1.       Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
2.       In a skillet cook all the beef and onion over a medium heat until all the beef is brown. Drain beef and stir in salt. Spread beef on pie plate and sprinkle with salt.
1.       In a small bowl mix all the other ingredients with a fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.
2.       Bake for 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Saucepan Baked Beans
Time: 15 minutes
What you need:
1 16 oz can of pork and beans in tomato sauce
1 15oz can of Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup of Ketchup
2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup or packed brown sugar
2 Teaspoons dry mustard
¼ cup of cooked Bacon (I used bacon bits)

Steps:
1.       In a 2 quart saucepan combine pork and beans, Great Northern Beans, Ketchup, Maple Syrup, Dry Mustard.
2.       Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
3.       Remove from heat stir in Bacon and serve


Tuesday: South of the Boarder Skillet Dinner Side:Avocado Corn Salsa
The main dish is from my no time cookbook. I love skillet dinners! Plus doesn't that Avocado Corn Salsa look yummy!!!UPDATE! My avocado was not ripe and I had already drained the can of corn. So what did I do? I threw the corn in the skillet. I will make the Avocado Corn Salsa on Friday.


South of the Border Skillet Dinner



Time: 30 minutes
What you need:
1 lb Ground turkey or Ground beef
15 oz Can of tomato sauce

¼ cup Chopped Green pepper
1 1/14 cup Elbow Macaroni
1 Packet of burrito seasoning mix
Shredded Cheddar Cheese


Steps:
1.       In a 12 inch skillet cook meat over medium heat until no longer pink
2.       Stir in all the remaining ingredients, except for the elbow macaroni and cheese. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir in the macaroni, reduce the heat to low, Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
3.       Top with cheese and serve. 

The pasta needs to be cooked more. Plus I added 1/4 water in my skillet before I got it boiling. It's not a bad meal but not one of my favorites either.


Wednesday: Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches Side:Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
The main dish is from the Betty Crocker's cookbook. Instead of plain french fries I wanted to "spice it up a bit"
 I have been looking forward to this meal ALL WEEK!! It was AWESOME. Plus there are finally leftovers for tomorrow night. Everyone loved the Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges and the Sandwiches were mouth watering!

French Dip Sandwiches
Time: 8 hours
What you need:
3 lb Beef boneless chuck roast
1 ½ Cups water
1/3 Cup soy sauce
1 Teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
1 Dried bay leaf
2 Loaves French bread
Steps:
1.       Put beef in the crockpot. In a small bowl mix the remaining ingredients except the bread; pour over beef.
2.       Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
3.       Skim fat from surface of juice in cooker; discard bay leaf. Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Cut beef into thin slices. Cut each loaf of bread into 5 pieces, about 4 inches long. Fill bread with beef. Serve with broth for dipping



Thursday: Leftover night. YAY!!! No cooking! Just reheating everything in the oven. EASY!!!

Friday: Spicy Beef & Spinach Burrito Side: Rice
This is from my No Time cookbook. In my family you can not go wrong with a Burrito.

There you have it. Our dinner's through this week. I can't wait to cook and taste everyone of them.
Have you tried any new recipes? What did you think? What did your family think?



No comments:

Post a Comment