Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Gone to the Dogs!

This blog post is going to the Dogs! My 2 girls Baby and Sugar! They need love too. They are a big part of our family and I don't know how we could live without them.


They love their dog treats that I make for them. Making homemade dog treats it another way to save money. Plus what dog hates peanut butter? NOT MINE!
This is a no bake and takes 10 minutes to make.
All you need is Rolling Oats, Peanut Butter and Honey.
The reason I put honey in my treats is because I noticed the 1st spring season I had Sugar she had itchy dry skin, My theory was it was like human allergies and I know the way to combat that is honey (a tablespoon a week) from the area I lived in. It worked, She no longer has itchy skin.

In a bowl add 2 tablespoons of Honey
1 cup of Rolling Oaks
1/2 of peanut butter
mix everything together.
Now you can add more peanut butter or rolling oaks to get the treat to where you want it.


Once you finish mixing the ingredients I take a cookie sheet with wax paper placed on top and take a spoonful and place it on the cookie sheet. I do this until all the bowl is empty.
Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 1 hour. Then I put my doggy treats in a tuber ware dish and place that in the fridge and had out treats as the girls deserve it.
I have made this for friends with dogs for Christmas gifts for their dogs. It was a very cute idea. I try to find tins with dogs on it to put the treats into. 
My Pintrest account has a Board named For the Dogs that has homemade shampoo for dogs, different treats for dogs and even cooking for your dog. I actually haven't tried any of them it is on my list to try and I will post how it turned out. If you have tried any of them please let me know how it turned out!






No comments:

Post a Comment