Monday, October 5, 2015

Monday Menu October 5, 2015

I'm going to admit this up front. I think I have gained 4 pounds! (doesn't sound like much but it is!)Even though I was eating what was our menu I have been munching on a lot of unhealthy foods. SO I'm putting myself on a diet, kind of. I hate the word diet, I think of it as starving myself of good food my body needs. So after talking to my wonderful hubby about portion sizes I have come to the conclusion that our family is eating the "American portion" sizes and I feel this needs to stop. I found on Web MD  a great article about this subject. you can read about it here: http://www.webmd.com/diet/20030822/french-secrets-to-staying-slim
One great example is the Bolt House juice I bought. The serving size stated on the bottle 2, however, following the French serving size of 6 oz I have figured out that I will get 3 serving from each bottle.
This a great blog about French Portion Sizes: https://becomingmadame.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/eating-like-the-french-no-2-portion-size/

So I am going to start cooking smaller portion sizes. The 1st night I did this was Saturday night and it worked out great. Everyone wasn't overly full but was satisfied. We sat at the dinning room table and had a great dinner. I had even made desert for the kids.  I am going to make sure we are eating healthier with our food.

Now last weeks menu fell into this week due to Momma getting sick and not wanting to cook because, well I just couldn't,

Saturday:

Lunch: Leftovers

Dinner: Chicken Fajitas with Cinnamon Dessert Nachos

Momma only had 1 Cinnamon Nacho chip and no ice cream. The Kids LOVED it



Sunday:

Lunch: Leftover chicken fajitas (hubby took to work) I had 1 fried egg and half of a bagel
Dinner: Crock Pot Buffalo Wings
Monday:

Lunch: Salad for me. Fried Chicken for Hubby
Dinner: Nacho Casserole
This is a Family Favorite I won’t have any leftovers

Tuesday:

Lunch: Salad for me. Boneless Buffalo wings for Hubby
Dinner: Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Another Family Favorite

Wednesday:

Lunch: Salad for me. Fried Chicken for Hubby
Dinner: Chicken Noodle Soup
I love fall and winter I get to start making my soups again!

Thursday:

Lunch: Soup and Salad for me. Fried Chicken or Leftovers for Hubby
Dinner: Left Over’s

Friday:

Lunch: Salad for me. Fried Chicken or Leftovers for Hubby
Dinner: Crock Pot Cajun Chicken Spaghetti
This is a new recipe I cannot wait to try!

As always I will be updating this post with the recipes and pictures on Wednesday and Saturday of next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment