Sunday, June 21, 2015

Recipe of the week: White Beans with Spinach and Sasuage

This dish surprised me. It was really good. It was really good re-heated for lunch the next day. It was also quick and easy to make! Now with that said. I am not going to be posting anything on my blog until June 30. Life is really busy right now and finding time to post is hard. The next post I will be posting will be my July Wreath!
Ingredients
1 lbs of Sausage links
2 cups chicken broth
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cans of  Cannellini beans
1 Can of petite diced tomatoes
6 cups baby spinach leaves
Freshly cracked pepper to taste
 I cook the sausage  before adding to the beans. I like to sear it well on the sides then cut it up Once it’s all cooked I add it along with whatever juice/grease that the sausage made from the pan and add it into the beans.
  • Pour chicken broth and garlic into a large pot. Place on medium high heat and bring to a simmer. Add in the oil and oregano then beans. Stir it up before adding in tomatoes. Heat through till the beans are tender. It takes about an hour or more depending on heat variation.  If using canned it won’t take long at all. Once beans are tender add in the spinach and cook just until the leaves are wilted. Stir it in and sprinkle cracked pepper on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment