Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Menu round up

Let me begin by saying this. Do you know hard it is to find Sugar cane? Very... I still haven't found any, so my flavored water wasn't made this week. ALSO, Dallas got hit by a major winter storm. I thought to myself I must be nuts to drink a smoothie at 6 am with the temp at 24 degrees, so I opted for Oatmeal!
That storm didn't just mess up the smoothies but my entire menu! It was to cold to do anything! My Son took his sister out for dinner Thursday night so the hubby and I ate leftovers. Friday we were going to have my daughter's birthday dinner but due to it snowing all day and the roads being bad we went out Saturday night.So Friday we ate leftovers.
And I thought I had took pictures but can find them!
However here is 2 of my favorite meals I cooked last week.

Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole Recipe


Ingredients:
1lb of cooked chicken
1 cup Sour Cream
1-1/2 cups salsa verde
Tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Optional toppings: avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
Directions
1.       Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
2.       Layer with half of the tortilla chips and chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortilla chips, chicken mixture and cheese.

3.       Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings. Yield: 6 servings.

Chile Colorado Burritos

1.       Ingredients:


2.       1 1/2 to 2 pounds stew meat or other beef cubed (top sirloin is great)
3.       large can mild (red) enchilada sauce* (at least 19 oz.)
4.       2 beef bouillon cubes (or just one--or none--if you want it less salty AND you do NOT add water, just the bouillon)
5.       1/2 can refried beans (optional)
6.       5-7 burrito size flour tortillas
7.       1 cup or so of shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions:
Put beef, whole bouillon cubes (do NOT add water), and enchilada sauce*** into a crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours**, or until meat is very tender. (Can also cook on high for maybe 3-4 hours
When beef is done (very tender and flakes off when stirred), taste and add more salt, if desired. Heat up refried beans in the microwave (covered and in a microwave-proof dish, of course)and put your oven on broil. On an oven-proof plate, or cookie sheet even, lay out a tortilla.  Place on tortilla about 1/2 cup of the meat, drained by using a slotted spoon, and a spoonful or two of beans. Roll into a burrito (hopefully you know how to roll these). Pour some of the remaining enchilada sauce from the crock pot over the burrito to cover it. Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly, about 2-4 minutes.


Serve.
Makes 5-7 burritos, depending on how full you make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment