Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday's Family Dinner- Spaghetti!

For Today and Tomorrow's meal I actually started Sunday making the sauce. A good sauce for Spaghetti and Lasagna take a while to make. I doubled everything because I was using this for 2 meals.

Homemade Sauce:
1lbs Italian Sausage
1lb Ground Turkey meat
1 Clove Garlic (finely chopped)
2 TB spoons Parsley
1 TB spoon Basil
1 teaspoon Sugar
2 cans Whole Tomatoes (Drained)
2 cans Tomato Sauce
1tbl spoon Vodka (optional)


 In a skillet cook the sausage, turkey meat, and garlic until meat  is no longer pink. Drain the meat.

 Transfer to a large pot and add the Parsley, sugar, Basil,Vodka, Tomato Sauce and Whole Tomatoes , breaking up the Tomatoes with a fork or snipping with kitchen scissors.

 Heat to a boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer uncover for at least 45 minutes. (I let mine simmer for 3 hours)

That's it for the sauce!

Just cook your spaghetti noodles and add sauce to the top. My family likes meaty sauces that is why I added both Sausage and Turkey Meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment