Healthy Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container fat free ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- salt and fresh pepper
- (optional) 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 32 oz tomato sauce (I used spaghetti sauce)
- 9 Tablespoons part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°. Make sure you drain the spinach well. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasonings, chicken, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry by patting them with a paper towel. Take ⅓ cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over a noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
- To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.