Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Lunch Box

 I think I need t explain how I prepare for my lunches  first. Every 2 weeks I sit down and make a menu up for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners for each day. On Sundays I can go one of 2 ways:

1. Cook all lunches and dinners through the week and put them in the fridge to be reheated as they come up on the menu
2. Cook Lunches and breakfast the day before and dinners the night of.

Now in order for me to be able to cook everything in 1 day I have to have stuff on the menu that will reheat well and some times my menu does not work out that way, so Option 2 it is!

 I do prep all our snacks Sunday for the week. I make sure to cut up cubes of cheese and place a serving size of fruit in a zip lock bag. If I find peanuts on sale I divide those up into serving sizes as well.



If my breakfast consist of eggs I'll cook the meat the night before and the eggs the morning of.

So what's in my Main lunch bag today?


-Main bag-

Breakfast Casserole
Philly Cheese Steak Crescent Rolls
Strawberries
Cheese
Peanuts


-Drink Bag- ( Not Pictured)

Bottle of water
a cup with a green tea bag in it
Muscle milk

When I come home from work and start cooking dinner I will also start on Lunch and Breakfast for the next day.

So Monday night I'll cook:

Homemade pizza rolls, Oven baked hot dogs. The oatmeal will be eaten at home on Tuesday.

Once you get the hang of it cooking 3 meals at once is easy. Just make sure you plan for it, know how much it time it takes to make each thing. I know that my pizza rolls and Oven backed hot dogs takes the same temperature and time to cook so I will be prepping both of them and placing both of them in the oven at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment