Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday's Menu Sept 26 - Oct 2

Wow last weeks menu only had 1 failed recipe! I am so grateful for that. That is one thing I stress about cooking DON'T BE PUT OFF BY ONE MEAL!

I have had my fair shares of "What is that?" meals. The one my kids love, wait LOVE to bring up is the very first time I cooked fished. I did not know that lemon juice cooked fish! Long story short the fish were rubbery, horrible and my kids band me from making any fish dishes for YEARS! (I have redeemed myself with seafood dishes) So if a meal turns out bad just chalk it up to experience and continue to cook other meals.You will get better and you will grow from the failures.
So from that 1 failed recipe I have learned from it. Crock pots due need liquids with your chicken.
This weeks menu has 3 new recipes.

Saturday:

Lunch: Date Lunch with Hubby

Dinner: Oven Baked Hot Dogs
This is a great meal. It's super quick and super yummy! I didn't get pictire because I was so hungry when it was dinner time!
Oven Hot Dogs
Inspired by intheweb.worldpress.com
8 hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
1 can of chili
cheddar cheese
mayonnaise or Mustard
mustard

Line inside of hot dog buns with mayonnaise and sweet relish. Evenly add mustard. Fill with hot dogs and squish into a 13×9″ baking pan.

Top hot dogs with chili, cheese, and diced onion. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350F for 45 minutes.

Sunday:

Lunch:Fried Chicken (I bought at the grocery store pre made in their deli)
Dinner:Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
This is 1 of the new recipes. As I type this up I can smell it cooking. Smells SO GOOD!

Monday:

Lunch: Slow Cooker Jambalaya
I cooked this meal Sunday in my small crock pot. 
Dinner: Chicken Yakisoda
This is the 2nd of the new recipes. Wish me Luck!

Tuesday:

Lunch: Chicken Burrito Bowls
This is one of my favorite lunches! I can't wait to share with you. I cooked the Chicken Sunday morning so Monday night all I had to do it add everything together.

Dinner: Oven Baked Tacos
One of my Hubby's favorite meals!

Wednesday:

Lunch:Soup (Kroger's has this awesome Broccoli Cheese soup)

Dinner: Chicken Fajitas
Again a family favorite

Thursday:

Lunch: Chicken Enchilada Soup
This is a quick meal to cook.  I cooked the Chicken Sunday morning so Wednesday night all I had to do it add everything together.

Dinner: Left Overs

Friday:

Lunch: Left Overs or a sandwich

Dinner: Crock Pot Buffalo Wings
This is the last of the new recipes. I am super excited about this one

As always I will be updating this post with the recipes and pictures on Wednesday and Saturday of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment