Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Final Weekend

This has been a great weekend, I had lots of fun and did lots of hard work.
Friday started with a co-worker giving me some of the cutest dresses from her closet. She and I have the same sort of style and the dresses are perfect for summer wear. I have realized that I would rather wear a skirt or a dress over jeans and shorts.Friday night my wonderful hubby was feeling under the weather that day so after work I had to make sure he was taking all his medications and he was resting.
Saturday was another rainy day. I had to get the oil changed on my car and do my grocery shopping.
Kroger's has brought back it's 2X gas points if you shop on the weekends!
The hubby was feeling a lot better however he decided to camp out on the couch and watch T.V. I did a bit of sewing with my quilt. (ALMOST DONE!) I also got my list done for everything in our pantry so that my upcoming monthly shopping will go easier. I also got my kitchen cleaned from top to bottom.
Sunday came and my to-do list was still full.

Sunday morning from 8 to 9:30 am this is what my stove looked like.
I love the colors of this dish!


 I also had 2 dishes cooking in the oven at the time, my rice cooker going and something in my small crock pot. After I cleared out everything cooking in the oven I made some breakfast muffins and boiled some eggs. Shredded all the chicken that I cooked (it for 2 of our lunches next week) and made deviled eggs for a quick snack with protein,

So in 1 and 1/2 hours I had made or have still cooking (crock pot)
1. Orange Ginger Chicken (Crock Pot)
2. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
3. Black Bean and Rice Burritos (I haven't made the burrito part of it just cooked the main ingredients)
4. Chicken Salad
5. Pasta Salad
6. 6 Deviled eggs
7. The Chicken for our Tex-Mex Chicken Club Wrap.
8. 6 Banana Nut Muffins

Not to bad huh! I have learnt my lesson about waiting until the night of to cook dinner and lunches for the next day. All I'm going to have to cook during the week for lunch is Bacon to go with the Tex-Mex Chicken Club Wrap. This makes the work nights easier on me.
While all of this cooking was going on I had to make sure that my washer was full of clothes and the dry was going. (My hubby said it was entertaining to watch me run around)
Of course after cooking I had a bunch of dishes to wash. (I'm the dishwasher!) And I got the Dinning room  cleaned from top to bottom.
 I also picked out all my outfits for the week. (I do this every Sunday, it's so much easier on me in the morning time)
I went to Michael's Arts and Craft store to get inspired for my June wreath. BOY DID I! I can't wait to make this wreath. Also at Michael's I saw they have classes for a ton of different crafts they even have a class for kids. The classes are cheap to!
http://www.michaels.com/

Sunday also had 3 huge car races. F1's Monte Carlo, Indy 500 and Nascar's Coke 600. So the Hubby was busy watching the t.v. Don't get me wrong, I watched the Coke 600 and the end of the Indy 500 I like racing as well.


Monday
 Even though it's a day off I was up at 6 am. We were going to the last day of the renaissance fair. The link below has a list of renaissance Festivals around the U.S. It's a great place to take the family for an outing.
We knew going out there we were in for some nasty weather in the afternoon; but man, when it started raining it was a storm. They closed the fair early due to this. We left with some great memories of not only the day but the season.



http://www.renaissancemagazine.com/fairelist.html
Now I know I am not going to get much done due to being worn out from the fair. I woke up hoping maybe I'll clean our living room when I get home with dinner is cooking. I did have to get the lunches packed for Tuesday. I was sad to see the 3 day weekend was gone and I would be off to work the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment