Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving and the weekend

When I was growing up my family always had huge Thanksgiving dinners. I remember my mom cooking for hours in the kitchen Thanksgiving morning. She still has her Thanksgiving dinners however because I live so far away I can not attend them, so it's up to me to provide the Thanksgiving dinner for my family. This year there was 6 of us to plan for. My step-sons were with us the week of Thanksgiving which was really nice.
We started off the morning with a Breakfast Casserole.

Now I am not taking credit for the Turkey. I cheated and bought a Turkey that was already cooked. Truthfully I am so scared that I would mess up a Turkey if I had to make myself. I did challenge myself to make an apple pie this year. (It was GOOD!)






After dinner my hubby and I got the rest of the meat of the Turkey.We ended up with 4 lbs of leftover Turkey. So I divided that up into 1 lb bags and froze 3 lbs for meals in the future.I took the bones from the Turkey and put them into my crock pot with water and made Turkey Broth overnight. 
I ended up by freezing the 2 large mason jars ( That is why they are not fulled)
That evening we sat around the living room and watched everyone play the PS3 and talked, it was really nice.



Saturday was a cool rainy day. My stepson's went to an indoor Trampoline Place with their grandparents, the teenagers had to go to work and I did some Christmas shopping.
Sunday The final day of my vacation, and to be honest I was ready to go back to work. I got up early and got my weekly cooking done. Cleaned the living room and me and the kids started putting up the Christmas Tree. It was a GREAT weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment