Saturday, August 1, 2015

Last Week's Menu

The one main thing I have learned to do is to roll with the punches. Sometimes I have a meal planned for the week and something may happen to turn it into another type of meal. Take for instance my breakfast casserole, I turned it in a skillet meal to avoid heating up my gas oven.
Sunday:

Sausage and Potatoes with steamed Broccoli
For this meal I spent a total of $6.00. That's $1.50 for each of us. I used our steamer and steamed the broccoli for 15 minutes. I cooked the potatoes first in the skillet. As the potatoes are cooking I cut the sausage and waited til the potatoes were almost done and than added the sausage. Once the sausage is done the meal is ready. 
This was quick and easy to cook. It's a great recipe if you have left over potatoes that you don't want to go bad or like me get everything on sale.




Monday:
Crock pot Santa Fe Chicken
This meal was extremely Yummy! When I got home from work I was so hungry from the wonderful smell coming from my kitchen that I forgot to take a picture. Add all the ingredients listed to a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. I got the recipe from here: http://www.chef-in-training.com/2011/10/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken/



Tuesday:
Breakfast Casserole and a Fruit salad
It turned out not to be a casserole but a skillet meal! Still it was so good!
Fully cook sausage in a skillet
Add eggs to skillet and mix in with sausage
Once eggs are cooked top with cheese
  • 1 package of  breakfast sausage
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 cup of cheese 



Wednesday:

Meat loaf, Mash potatoes and corn
It actually turned into Meatloaf, Broccoli Cheese Soup and Fruit! It was a great meal and there were no leftovers!



Thursday:

Left-overs
Because food is not allowed to go to waste here!

Friday:

Skillet Chicken Fajitas with Black Beans
This is what really happened! I came home from work and it was a hot day. Hubby didn't want me heating up the house so he took us to Subway for some cold sandwiches. And Yes I had my Veggie and Cheese Sandwich.


Saturday:

Chicken with Basil Alfredo sauce, Salad and Green Beans
This will be on next weeks recipe posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment